The Bull's Head
373 Lonsdale Road
London, SW13 9PY
ph. 020 8876 5241
| Past Events
| Create Widget
The Bull’s Head was established in 1684 as a hostelry. Being situated in Barnes, overlooking the River Thames, it made a perfect stopping off point for the many travellers to and from central London. In fact, our Restaurant, Nuay’s Thai, is still housed in the buildings which were the original stables for the horses of the many stagecoaches that passed through.
The Thames was in those days the life-blood of London and of the Pub. The now-fashionable leafy riverside suburb once featured wharves, where barges landed goods for the village. The Bull's Head would have been a favourite port of call for the many thirsty workers. Not surprisingly, when the wharves were closed, the pub began to decline. The building was completely rebuilt in 1845.
This page is maintained by Michael Ricci |